Friday, January 31, 2014

Ch 13 - DL Isn't Just for Down Low

“Before we get on the road I want to make sure I got the right air in my tires,” Walter said.

“It’s your car,” Darrell said. 

He was trying to keep his cool about any small thing because his car was in for repairs and he needed to visit his mother.  Walter had not only offered to drive him but help him to move her furniture as well.

Walter pulled off the highway and drove to the nearest gas station where he pulled to the air pump.  Darrell watched him for a moment as he shifted to park, turned off the car, retrieved the pressure gauge from the glove compartment, got out, and began to check the air in the tires.  He decided he would get snacks and got out as well.  He walked to where Walter was crouched.

He watched as Walter worked the gauge skillfully before he stepped closer to ask him if he wanted any snacks when he spotted the young man’s shirt was riding up his back, his jeans were open, and he took the opportunity to see his underwear when he spotted something he wouldn’t have expected.  He spotted the puffy, shiny band of a diaper.

Darrell was shocked by what he saw but also amused.  He had never heard about Walter having any bowel problems, no this was something else.  He wanted to laugh out loud, wanted to say something, make a comment, but he stopped himself.  He decided to ask what Walter wanted from the store instead.

“Nothing thanks,” Walter said.

Darrell turned and walked away to the store.  He made his way inside and to the back where he laughed to himself.  But as funny as it was he was having second thoughts about taking the young man to his mother’s home.  What if he did something weird?  What would she think of him?  How could he explain he knew Walter without being his friend or worse, his lover?

As much as he worried about being there with Walter he worried more about his mother being upset about him not visiting after he had to miss the previous weekends because of work and being hungover.  No, he had to go, but maybe he could make some rules with Walter or make a deal with him.

Darrell made his way to the clerk where he paid for his items, then back out into the sun and to where Walter leaned back against his car.  It wasn’t obvious from the look of his jeans that Walter was wearing anything but he knew, had seen them, and he couldn’t help but think about them.  He thought about the road trip and the woman who wore diapers so she wouldn’t have to stop while driving across country to kill someone.

Walter got inside the car and for a moment Darrell thought he heard the squish of the diaper.  He looked to the young man who looked back at him.

“What?” Walter asked.

Darrell took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t going to say anything.  I mean I don’t usually care what people do but we’re going to see my mother.”

Walter stared at him as Darrell gathered his courage.

“Are you wearing a diaper?”

Walter’s face turned red and he looked away. 

“Why are you wearing a diaper?”

Walter shrugged his shoulders.

“Why are you wearing a diaper today?”

“I like them.  Okay?” Walter said.
   
“I’m trying not to judge you.  Why today?  Why now?  You’re driving me to my mother’s to help me move furniture.”
   
“I don’t know.  I just felt nervous and they make me feel better.”
   
Darrell regretted the next thought that came to his mind but he figured he would be in the car with Walter for an hour each way, plus any time they spent together at the house moving furniture. 

“You’re not going to shit yourself are you?”

Darrell felt as shocked at his own question as he could tell Walter looked.  He wanted to take it back.  He wanted to excuse himself, apologize, and yet there was some reality to dealing with a situation.  Walter was young, impulsive and he didn’t know him very well.  Darrell felt worse when he saw Walter’s body get tense as if he were about to cry.

“I’m sorry,” Walter said.

“What?”

“I fucked up.  I’m sorry.  I just, I don’t know, got used to them.  I can take it off.”

Walter looked to Darrell and Darrell looked away, he suddenly felt worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment