Friday, January 31, 2014

Ch 09 - To Drink

The music was loud.

“I don’t know why I’m here,” Chad said above the cacophony.  He looked around the bar at all the other men then to his companions: Spencer, Triston, Darrell, Bobby, and Walter.

“To drink,” Bobby said raising his glass.

“Which one of us is the designated driver?” Chad asked.

“Darrell here doesn’t drink,” Spencer said.

“Really?”

“A.A., I’ve been sober for a year now,” Darrell said.

“Congratulations,” Chad said before he took a drink from his glass.

“That must suck,” Walter said.  “I hate not being able to drink.”

Darrell looked at Walter then to Triston who shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m going to find someone to dance,” Darrell said.

“Take me,” Bobby said before he hopped off his stool and followed after him.

“I’m going to get something to drink,” Walter said.

“Don’t try to order anything alcoholic,” Triston said.

Walter held up his hand indicating the sticker that marked him as being underage then said, ‘yes dad’ before departed.

“I hope I didn’t ruin anything,” Chad said.

“No, it’s usually like this,” Spencer said.  “People come and go all night.”

“I’m going to check on my protege,” Triston said.

Chad and Spencer looked at each other unsure what to say next they sat in silence for a long time.  Times like this he would have left the table himself, found someone to dance with or gotten another drink, maybe a trip to the bathroom but he felt obligated to stay and keep Chad company.  He was a stranger in a strange land.

“So how’s being a cop?” Spencer asked.

“It’s difficult,” Chad said.

Spencer raised his eyebrows hoping for a story, an anecdote or something amusing but there was silence and he suddenly imagined the conversation between Chad and his wife with her being the one who talked constantly.  He thought to say something else but then he saw the look on Chad’s face, the tension in his shoulders.  He was trying to be nice, Spencer thought, trying to be brave, but truthfully if someone saw him here, a coworker, there could be problems despite being married and having a ring.  He could be mistaken for being on the down low, cheating on his wife, or worse.  Walter dispersed his thoughts as he arrived at the table with enthusiasm.  Triston wasn’t far behind him carrying a fresh drink.

“I just found out they have a spanking booth,” he said.

“Congratulations,” Spencer said

“Did he tell you?  He found out about the spanking booth and now he’s desperate to try it.  I told him to wait for another night.”

“He said it would bother Chad here,” Walter said.

“I said it might,” Triston added.

“Wouldn’t bother me,” Chad said.  “It’s a little kinky for my taste but go ahead.”

“You wouldn’t be able to handle the pain.  All you straight boys are alike,” Walter said.

“Hey take it easy,” Spencer replied.

“I could handle the pain,” Chad said.  “I just don’t get off on it.”

“Then prove it,” Walter said.

“What?”

“Prove you can do it and you’re not some prude.  I bet you can’t handle five swats.”

“Are you challenging me to a spanking competition?”

“I am now,” Walter said.

“That would be-” he stopped himself. 

Everyone thought he wanted to say any of the words that were politically incorrect but he didn’t finish the sentence and instead shook his head.

“Gay?” Walter asked.

“Painful,” Chad said.  “I was going to say painful.”

“Relax, I’m just messing with you,” Walter said.

“Ten bucks for ten swats,” Walter said.

“Okay,” Chad replied.

“Come on guys,” Spencer said.

“Sounds like fun,” Triston said.

“No more beer, no more liquor to dull the senses.  We’re going to get your ass turned from that pale white to a flaming red,”  Walter said pulling out his wallet and opening it. 

He pulled two twenties and a ten out and handed them to Spencer as he told him to hold the money.  Triston pulled his phone and sent a text message of the important details to Bobby and Darrell. 

“Let’s do this,” Chad said.

They walked across the floor of the bar to the far wall where a spanking area had been set up including a bench and several different implements.  Walter headed straight for the wooden paddle and picked it up.  He began to swing it through the air as if he was giving an imaginary spanking to someone.  Spencer and Chad stood shoulder to shoulder as they looked to Triston who bit at his lip.

“Usually there is someone here,” Triston said.

“What’s going on?” Darrell asked interrupting their mutual confusion.

Bobby was right behind him.

“It’s a spanking competition,” Spencer said.

“Really?” Bobby asked.

Spencer nodded.

“Who is getting spanked?” Darrell asked.

“Chad, Walter, and Triston if we can find anyone to do it,” Spencer said.

“I’ll do it,” Darrell said.

No comments:

Post a Comment